Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Salah can’t leave Chelsea

Egyptian has been linked to a move away from Stamford Bridge as he has struggled to get game time with the Blues this season. With the first XI performing brilliantly at the top of the Premier League, the back up players have found it hard to get in to the team.

Clubs such as Serie A giants AS Roma have been rumoured to be interested in the winger, and talk of a move had grown in recent weeks. However the Portuguese manager has quashed talk of a transfer away from the League Cup semi-finalists, claiming that he doesn’t have enough players to allow him to depart.

“He can’t leave, I have 20 players today with Didier [Drogba] a bit ill and [Cesar] Azpilicueta injured,” the manager said. “I had all my players here today, just [Nathan] Ake in the stands.

“I have a very short squad, I need everybody. For Salah to leave someone has to come, and I don’t think we are going to let Salah go on loan and then spend some money to bring somebody else in. So I don’t think so, unless my club comes to me and says Salah goes on loan and we are going to buy a €65 million player,” he added.

The Blues are yet to have been affected by a lack of players so far this season, with the squad doing well in all competitions so far. They are top of the Premier League, in the Champions League knockout rounds, semi-finals of the League Cup, and in the fourth round of the FA Cup. The Stamford Bridge outfit will hope that this form can be continued until the end of the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment