Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Michael Essien says he will return to Chelsea



Michael Essien says he will return to Chelsea and battle for his first-team place when his loan spell with Real Madrid is up.The Ghana midfielder was sent to the Bernabeu on a season-long loan deal last August after recovering from a serious knee injury and it was thought that could be the end of his Chelsea career.

However, Essien has impressed during his time with Real and the player believes he has proven he can still play at the highest level, something he hopes to do with Chelsea.
"I will return to Chelsea with my head up and try to win my place back," Essien revealed. "I think my loan at Madrid has shown I have still got it at the top level."
Much could depend on who is in charge of Chelsea next season and Essien will be hoping that rumours regarding Jose Mourinho's return to the club turn out to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment